SonyHXR-MC1P Shooting Kit
The Sony HXR-MC1P – In a class of it's own this camera has works, Full HD 1080i AVCHD all in one system, - stunning image quality
The HXR-MC1P is an easy to use HD camera system, consisting of a small camera head and a handheld controlling unit with LCD panel and recording function.
£125.00 per day
Sony HXR-MC1PKit Contents
- • 1 x Sony HXR MC1P Camera System
- • Camera head attached (by 3m camera cable) to Recording Unit
- • 2 x Lithium Iron Battery
- • 2 x 16GB Memory Stick Pro Duo recording media
- • 1 x Component breakout Cable
- • 1 x Composite breakout Cable
- • 1 x Mains PSU
- • 1 x Operations Manual
- • 1 x Flight case
- • 1080i Compact HD Camera
- • Even though it is equipped with a full HD shooting (1920 x 1080i) capability, a 10x optical zoom and a built-in microphone, the camera is compact, measuring only 37 x 42.5 x 86.5 mm (1 1/2 x 1 11/16 x 3 1/2 inch).
- • Exmor™ CMOS Sensor - Cutting-edge Image Sensor Technology
- • The HXR-MC1P uses a 1/5-inch "Exmor" CMOS sensor, which is also used in Sony professional camcorders and high-end D-SLR cameras. This achieves low noise thanks to multiple micro A/D (analogue to digital) converters. The image sensor in the HXR-MC1P also uses the ClearVid pixel array, which has 45-degree rotated pixels. This unique layout offers high picture quality while keeping low-light sensitivity.
- • Long-time HD or SD Recording to Memory Stick PRO Duo™
- • Memory Stick PRO Duo offers the optimum recording media for the compact HXR-MC1P recorder. In addition, the highly efficient compression methods used in both HD and SD modes achieve long recording times, which make the most of Memory Stick PRO Duo's storage capacity. In HD recording mode, video is recorded in AVCHD, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/ H.264 compression - the same method used in Blu-ray Disc™. If SD recording mode is selected, video is recorded in MPEG-2.
- • All-in-one Recording Unit and Battery Operation Expands Shooting Flexibility
- • Recording and playback are both possible via the control unit of the HXR-MC1P. You don't need any external recorder/player. Maximum battery operation of up to 405 minutes* is available thanks to the use of the Exmor CMOS sensor. This means you can shoot anytime, anywhere without having to worry about power supply. * Continuous recording with the optional NP-FH100 battery (LCD backlight = OFF). With ordinary use, with frequent recording start/stop and zooming etc., this will reduce to approximately 200 minutes.
- • Remote Monitoring and Control
- • The control unit has a 2.7-inch (16:9), 211,000-pixel LCD panel that uses ClearPhoto LCD plus, which enables you to instantly review the images captured by the camera. Furthermore, all menu settings can be accessed via this touch-screen LCD panel. The control unit is also equipped with a recording button, zoom lever and manual control dial, which let you control the camera remotely while watching the images. With the HXR-MC1P, it is easy to shoot in a way that is impossible with ordinary camcorders. No special equipment, such as an external monitor or remote control device, is required.
- • Live Relay/Recording
- • The control unit of the HXR-MC1P has connectors for both HDMI output and analogue video output. By using a commercially available HDMI/HD-SDI converter or an A/D converter, you can also make live relays or recordings using HD-SDI signals. The HXR-MC1P can help you achieve unique and powerful images during live events, by mounting it close to the action - such as inside the goal during a football match or near the hands of a musician during a concert. The HDMI and analogue video connector can output SD signals if the recording mode of the HXR-MC1P is set to SD.
- • Camera Head
- • Imaging Device 1/5" Exmor™ CMOS sensor with ClearVid™ array Pixel Gross: Approx. 2,360K Video Actual: Approx. 1,430K (16:9)
- • Optics/Lens Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar®, Optical Zoom: 10x (Digital Zoom: 120x) f/3.2 - 32.0mm 35mm Equivalent: 43 - 507mm (16:9 Camera Mode) F1.8 - 2.3 Filter Diameter 30mm
- • Microphone Stereo Microphone
- • Splash-proof performance IEC60529 IPX2* *Only the camera head conforms to IEC60529 IPX2. Never use the camcoder under water. The control unit is not designed for splash-proof performance. Do not get the main body of the camera wet.
- • Control Unit
- • Video Signal PAL colour, CCIR standards 1080/50i specification
- • LCD Screen 2.7" wide touch panel ClearPhoto LCD Plus™ display (211K Pixels)
- • Minimum Illumination 5 lx (Auto Slow Shutter ON, 1/25 Shutter Speed )
- • White Balance AUTO, INDOOR(3,200K), OUTDOOR(5,800K), ONE PUSH
- • Video Format(s) Supported HD: AVCHD Video codec: MPEG 4 AVC / H.264, Audio codec: Dolby® Digital 2ch SD: MPEG 2-PS Video codec: MPEG 2, Audio codec: Dolby® Digital 2ch (Video aspect ratio 16:9 or 4:3)
- • Video recording average bitrate/VBR (Resolution, Frame rate) HD - AVCHD: FH mode: Approx. 16Mbps (1920x1080, 50i), HQ mode: Approx. 9Mbps (1440x1080, 50i) SP mode: Approx. 7Mbps (1440x1080, 50i), LP mode: Approx. 5Mbps (1440x1080, 50i) SD: MPEG 2-PS HQ mode: Approx. 9Mbps (720x576, 50i), SP mode: Approx. 6Mbps (720x576, 50i) LP mode: Approx. 3Mbps (720x576, 50i)
- • Still Format Supported Exif Ver.2.2* *Exif is a metadata format for still images, established by JEITA (Japan Electronics and Information Technology Association). Files in this format can have additional information such as your camera's setting information at the time of recording.
- • Still Resolution Still Mode: Approx. 4 megapixel 4:3 (2,304 x 1,728), Approx. 3 megapixel 16:9 (2,304 x 1,296), Approx. 1.9 megapixel 4:3 (1,600 x 1,200), Approx. 0.3 megapixel 4:3 (640 x 480) Movie Mode: Approx. 2.3 megapixel 16:9 (2,016 x 1,134), Approx. 1.7 megapixel 4:3 (1,512 x 1,134) Playback Mode: Approx. 2.1 megapixel 16:9 (1,920 x 1,080), Approx. 0.3 megapixel 4:3 (640 x 480), Approx. 0.2 megapixel 16:9 (640 x 360)
- • Supported Media Memory Stick PRO Duo™ / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™ (1GB or larger)
- • Inputs and Outputs
- • A/V R* COMPONENT OUT: Component A/V cable > Pin plug x 3 (576i or 1080i) AUDIO OUT: Component A/V cable > Pin plug x 2 COMPOSITE OUT: A/V connecting cable > Pin plug x 1 (576i or 1080i) AUDIO OUT: A/V connecting cable > Pin plug x 2 *Only one A/V R terminal exists. Optional remote commander, supplied Component A/V cable or A/V connecting cable can be attached to this terminal. It is impossible to use these simultaneously.
- • HDMI OUT HDMI Connection x 1
- • USB Port Mini B / USB2.0 Hi-Speed
- • Remote Control Terminal
- • A/V R* When using optional remote commander, it is possible to control via this terminal. If used as COMPONENT or COMPOSITE output , control is not available.
- • General
- • Power Requirements DC6.8V,7.2V battery pack,DC8.4V AC Adaptor
- • Power Consumption 3.8W AVCHD recording, LCD back light ON, Recording mode: Initial condition
- • Operating Temperature 0 °C to 40 °C
- • Storage Temperature 20 °C to 60 °C
- • Dimensions (w/h/d) Including the projecting parts (excluding cable bush): Control unit: 81 x 107 x 42mm Camera head: 37 x 42.5 x 86.5mm Including the projecting parts and supplied battery and controller hook attached (excluding cable bush): Control unit: 81 x 122 x 47mm Camera head: 37 x 42.5 x 86.5mm
- • Cable Length 2.8m (between control unit and camera head, non-detachable)
- • Mass Approx. 500g (Including control unit, camera head and cable. Excluding battery, controller hook and recording media)
- • Mass (with accessories) Approx. 580g (including supplied battery, controller hook and recording media)